Take a moment to remember those that fought and lost their lives in the Yom Kippur War. Our enemies waited until the Holiest Day to attempt to destroy the Jewish Nation and were still unable to.
With G-d’s help we were able to push them back to the point where our enemies realized that conventional war against Israel was always a losing proposition - Yishai Fleisher.
amandaonwriting: Literary Birthday - 3 October
Happy Birthday, James Herriot, born 3 October 1916, died 23 February 1995
- Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.
- I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love.
- I love writing about my job because I loved it, and it was a particularly interesting one when I was a young man. It was like holidays with pay to me.
- For years I used to bore my wife over lunch with stories about funny incidents.
- I became a connoisseur of that nasty thud a manuscript makes when it comes through the letter box.
- If a farmer calls me to a sick animal, he couldn’t care less if I were George Bernard Shaw.
- That quotation about not having time to stand and stare has never applied to me. I seem to have spent a good part of my life - probably too much - in just standing and staring and I was at it again this morning.
Herriot was a British veterinary surgeon and writer. He used his experiences as a vet to write a series of books of stories about animals and their owners, referred to collectively as All Creatures Great and Small.